The diesel Genset has high reliability, durability, complete performance under load, and is an ideal power supply for independent and commercial use. It’s important to keep up with your diesel generator set maintenance. Not only does it ensure that you have a reliable source of backup power in the event of an outage, but it also avoids costly repairs down the road.
Following the below essential tips will help ensure maximum efficiency and reliability for any diesel generator set.
- Fill up the fuel tank with high-quality diesel- The first step in maintaining a diesel generator set is to ensure that you are using high-quality diesel.
- Perform a daily pre-use check – Always check the oil level before starting the engine and refill if necessary, using the recommended grade of diesel oil specified in your engine manual. This should be done at least once every two weeks if you’re not using the generator regularly.
- Keep your engine clean to prevent rust and corrosion – Clean dirt from around all air intakes to ensure proper airflow and prevent overheating due to a restricted cooling system.
- A clean air filter is essential to maintaining the performance of your generator– Cleaning the air filter units is a simple process. To begin, use compressed air to blow out any debris from the filter unit. Next, look at the filter and see if it looks dirty. If it does, replace it with a new one.
- Keep a watch on coolant level and cleanliness- The most important element of a diesel generator is its coolant. It is a vital component which helps prevent overheating and corrosion in the engine, and acts as a lubricant for moving parts.
- Keep an eye on the batteries – Check the batteries regularly. Batteries should be checked & replaced every five years or sooner if showing signs of wear and tear. Batteries should always be stored in a cool, dry place.
Hopefully, this blog has given some insight into how to maintain your unit so you can continue enjoying its full benefits for years to come!
Users should maintain the diesel generator set properly to make it run normally & extend the service life. However, it is always best to contact Palsvam’s experienced maintenance personnel who’ve got the expertise to perform the maintenance work of the DG Sets. Send your queries at: https://palsvam.com/